Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lessons Learned

Today was quite a whirlwind! It actually started last night when I couldn't sleep.... at ALL. The last time I checked my clock it was 6am (ohmywow). Three hours later my phone starts buzzing - but it was all with lovely news! If you recall my last post I mentioned making a pair of special order earrings. Those to the left were the outcome. Aren't the lovely?!! (Thanks) I made them for my aunt - as a prototype. I put these brown and peach peacock earrings on Charmed Styles (Esty) in the weeee hours of the morning. By the time I woke up - they were SOLD!! I was shocked. Pleasantly shocked, but still - SHOCKED. My aunt didn't even get a chance to see them, but that's ok. She chose purple, blue, and orange which are the colors of the company for whom she works.

Today's lessons (and I learned quite a few)
  1. E-mail pics of the listing as soon as I post.
  2. Sometimes shipping costs just as much as the item (ohmywow!!)
  3. Invest in a huge roll of bubble wrap - gotta keep my precious jewels safe as they ship.
  4. Advertising is not nagging. I admitt I was feeling a little guilty because I felt I may have entered the world of a nagging sales rep, but I remembered that you get out of a situation what you put into it. {I'm claiming return 1000 times over my imagination}
  5. Be patient... and keep praying.
{voice whispers}If you make it... they will buy!

Stay CHARMING! xoxo


{Black and yellow disk bracelet and earrings}

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to world of on line selling! Thanks for following us over at Art Bead Scene. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the jewelery very clever!

    ReplyDelete